Community Relations, Events & Marketing Manager
The Community Relations, Events, & Marketing Manager will be responsible for positive promotion of the United Way of Hood County, via various modes of marketing. The Manager plays a critical role in developing and executing integrated marketing and communications campaigns that create greater awareness and understanding of UWHC’s mission, foster volunteer and donor engagement, and enhance the organization’s reputation as a respected community leader. Reporting to the Executive Director and working with volunteer committees, this leader will act as a community liaison, utilizing skills in event planning and execution, marketing, and public relations to create a recognizable UWHC brand within the community. A primary focus of this position is to maintain continuity of the marketing plan amidst the dynamic nature encountered with Board rotation.
To perform the job successfully, applicants should demonstrate the following:
- Mission-Focused: Create real social change that leads to improving lives in our community.
- Relationship-Oriented: Is able to communicate effectively to develop, grow and sustain productive relationships. Knows how to capture and record relevant information and how to interpret and utilize the information to forge partnerships, collaborate, cultivate, grow, sustain and strengthen internal and external relationships.
- Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals; creating, resourcing, scaling and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad impact.
- Stewards: Our actions, behaviors and decisions on behalf of our donors must be transparent, meet the highest ethical standards and align with organizational goals.
- Develop and implement an effective long-range Marketing plan for the United Way of Hood County; promote campaigns, events, mission of the organization.
- Works with the Campaigns committee in the development of consistent “talking points” for staff, volunteers, and board members
- Develop and maintain relationships within the Hood County community, via presentations to community service organizations, Pacesetters, potential donors, Board members, and others.
- Assist Events & Marketing Committee in the planning and execution of innovative fundraising events & activities
- Develops marketing and advertising materials for the organization, utilizing the resources available through UWW Brand marketing and United Ways of Texas.
- Makes frequent updates to the UWHC website, posting current and future events to the calendar, blogs, etc.
- Maintain frequent contact with the community and potential donors, using social media, e-newsletters, print newsletters, and direct mail pieces, in support of Campaign activities and communication of community impact.
- Produce an annual “United Way video” or similar, to be used for various forms of marketing; events fundraising, thank-you to donors, email/ “Constant Contact”, and other communication purposes.
- Plan external and media outreach in coordination with digital marketing and social media.
- Create and manage branded content that inspires action and investment for various campaigns including, but not limited to, success stories, press releases and media advisories, fliers, ads, infographics, annual report, brochures, presentations, photos and videos, etc.
- Direct the production of all marketing collateral from conception to completion by working with UWHC team and board, volunteers, interns, contractors, and vendors.
- Research, develop, and pitch stories to the media; write, send, and manage press releases; foster and leverage relationships with the media; update and maintain the media contact list.
- Utilize resources on United Way Online and follow United Way Brand Standards & Guidelines.
- Assist the Executive Director in the establishment of a productive and positive rapport with the Chamber of Commerce; actively seeking out opportunities for organizational visibility in the community
- Assists in meeting fundraising goals through fundraising events, mailings, and other solicitations
- Assists in the development of effective and efficient database, for tracking of donations and donor information
- Identifies a minimum of at least two potential donor areas annually, developing a concentrated effort on relationship building; assists in the continued development of the ”100 Women Strong” auxiliary group, rallying support for the organization amongst local woman leaders. Assists with the same with “Student United Way”.
- Finding grant opportunities that match the needs of UWHC and the needs of organizations offering grant funds.
- Research local, national, state, and federal grant opportunities meeting the needs of UWHC.
- Prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals.
- Collaborate with UWHC to provide content, write, edit and submit Letter of Interests and grant applications to funders.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree with two years' marketing/communications experience, or equivalent education.
- In-person and online event management experience preferred.
- Nonprofit and/or volunteer management experience preferred.
- Grant writing experience desired
- Management/supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to set priorities and manage concurrent projects; willingness to assume responsibility for completing projects on time and on budget.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; outstanding attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills; comfort with initiating and managing relationships with internal and external partners at various levels, including staff, Board members, volunteers, donors, and consultants; ability to work independently, collaboratively, and with cross-functional teams.
- Discretion to manage sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to provide clear direction and helpful feedback to writers, graphic designers, photographers, videographers, and other professionals, as needed.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Working knowledge of email marketing software (e.g., Constant Contact) and CRM software.
- Working knowledge of content management systems and social media management tools.
- Working knowledge of web analytics and online advertising tools, such as native social media analytics and Google Analytics/AdWords.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, audio/video production/editing preferred.
- Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license, reliable transportation, and the ability to carry 10 pounds.
Bachelor's Degree preferred but relevant experience considered
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Annual salary is commensurate with experience with additional allowance when grants are awarded. Benefits allowance included along with a one-time relocation allowance to Hood County.
LOCATION AND SCHEDULE
This position will be based in the office when conditions permit. A flextime arrangement (with core hours to support staff coordination) is available with prior approval from the Executive Director. Periodic evening and weekend work may be required.
UNITED WAY CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL STAFF
● Mission-Focused: Catalyze others’ commitment to mission to create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities. This drives their performance and professional motivations.
● Relationship-Oriented: Understands that people come before process and is astute in cultivating and managing relationships toward a common goal.
● Collaborator: understands the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources (financial and human) through meaningful engagement.
● Results-Driven: Dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating, resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
● Brand Steward: Steward of the brand and understands his/her role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
Salary Range: $40,000 range, DOQ. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. United Way of Hood County is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
If interested in this position, please submit:
Cover letter, 3 letters of reference, and resume to:
firstname.lastname@example.org OR by mail: United Way of Hood County; P.O. Box 1611; Granbury, TX 76048